The City of Deerfield Beach is currently accepting Rental and Utility Assistance applications to assist eligible city residents that have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
The program, funded through the Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus (CDBG-CV), will provide a one-time payment of up to $10,000 per household for past due rental and utility expenses. The one-time assistance will be in the form of a grant and does not require repayment. Eligible residents must meet the low to moderate-income criteria of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Refer to the income chart below.
Maximum Income Per Household
The application is available on the city’s website at http://www.deerfield-beach.com/1509/Programs. The following documents are required:
- Notice of delinquency for rent
- Proof of I.D. or Valid Driver’s License
- Two most current years signed Federal Income Tax Return or Transcript from the IRS
- Proof of Income
- Hardship Letter (explaining loss of income due to COVID-19)
- Proof of Loss of Income (due to COVID-19)
- W-9 for Landlord, Property Manager, Leasing Agency and/or Utility Company
- Recent utility bill (Light, water, and/or natural gas)
For additional information, please contact the Community Services Department via phone (954)480-6420 or email Vennillia Wyatt at email@example.com. You can also contact Loleta Harris at 954-425-8449 (ext.113) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.