Business Outreach Program
The Business Outreach Program is a free service designed to identify the needs of local employers and connect them with resources and solutions to remove barriers to growth and help companies thrive in Deerfield Beach.
Quarterly Business Education Sessions
These online sessions are targeted at providing access to resources and information for small business owners and entrepreneurs. The City's has shifted these meetings to virtual business education sessions in partnership with SCORE Broward until further notice.
The City’s future, prosperity and competitiveness depend on meeting pressing economic challenges local businesses face today. By bringing together key business owners and top management to these roundtables, understanding their needs and brainstorming on best ways to address them, the business community and local government can make valuable contributions to assist in the creation of a healthy and vibrant business climate that creates opportunity for everyone in Deerfield Beach.
Online sessions are free of charge, but registration is required. Topics vary every quarter and agendas are usually as follows:
- Session Introduction by SCORE
- Economic Development Update & Question of the Day
- Key Note Speaker
- Q&A session
- 12/1/2020 (6-8 PM) Business Contracts & Agreements in Unsettled Times - What You Need to Know
- 2/04/2020 (6-8 PM) How to Buy a Business/Franchise with the New Normal
- 5/26/2020 (6-8 PM) Legal and tax Implications of Starting a Business in Florida
- 6/8/2021 (6-8 PM) Increasing Revenue with an effective marketing strategy
- 07/14/2021 (6-8 PM) Selling Virtually Using Social Media
- 08/23/2021 (6-8 PM) Excel Basic
- 09/07/2021 (6-8 PM) Leveraging LinkedIn to Enhance your Profile
- 09/21/2021 (6-8 PM) Grow your Business on LinkedIn Without Spending a Dime
Business Visitation Program
The Business Visitation Program is a free service designed to enhance lines of communication with the local businesses, identify their needs and connect them with available resources. The Program also allows the Economic Development staff gather valuable industry data to be used for future planning. No business is individually identified in the reporting of results.
During a confidential one-hour on-site visit the City of Deerfield Beach Economic Development team meets with business owners and managers to better understand industry needs and identify resources to meet those needs.
The program also provides businesses with an opportunity to share and showcase what they do best.
Based on each company’s interests and needs, staff may address programs or services that can save the business time and money, such as:
- Connections to state incentive programs
- Municipal planning and permitting
- Government regulations
- Talent attraction and training
- Business to Business introductions
After the visit, the Economic Development staff follows up on issues found during the meeting and remains the business’ first call for all types of questions or assistance throughout the year.
The City of Deerfield Beach invites business owners and managers to participate in the Business Visitation Program.
To schedule a visit, or to request an invite to a Business Roundtable, please contact Gigi Chazu, Economic Development Coordinator via email at email@example.com or by phone at 954-395-6051.