The Economic Development Department assists businesses with local and regional needs. Please use the following resources to assist with the initiation or continued growth of your business.
- City of Deerfield Beach Building Department
- City of Deerfield Beach Business Tax Receipts
- Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation -access applications for professional licensure, view exam information, renew your professional license online, search for licensed professionals in the state.
- Florida Department of Revenue - register to collect and report Florida sales tax.
- Internal Revenue Service - establish an employer identification number (EIN/Federal Tax Id), get information on federal tax responsibilities.
- Sunbiz: State of Florida Division of Corporations - incorporate business online, search documents, file annual report, etc. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Designed to encourage the hiring and retention of Deerfield Beach residents to new jobs in the City and to help offset onboarding costs. Eligible applicants may receive an award based in increments of $500 per eligible employee for a maximum of 50 awards per business. For information, please contact the Economic Development Department.
Business Growth Training
The City has partnered with SCORE Broward to offer Free Business Workshops. The goal is to make the workshop series accessible to anyone who may be interested in learning, collaborating with community members, and/or growing their entrepreneurial skills.
Visit the Business Outreach section to learn about upcoming sessions.
Workforce Training Incentives
Quick Response Training (QRT):
An employer-driven training program designed to assist new value-added businesses and provide existing Florida businesses with the necessary training for expansion. The company may use in-house training, outside vendor training programs, or the local educational entity to provide training. Reimbursable training expenses include instructors’ and trainers’ wages, curriculum development, and textbooks/manuals. This program is customized, flexible, and responsive to individual company needs.
Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWT):
Incumbent Worker Training is a program that provides training to currently employed workers to keep Florida’s workforce competitive and to retain existing businesses. The program is available to all Florida businesses that have been in operation for at least one year prior to application and require skills upgrade training for existing employees.
Florida Power & Light Rate Incentives
Economic Development Rider (EDR):
Designed to help attract new investment to the Sunshine State and create more jobs for Floridians. Eligible companies receive discounts on new electric demand for up to five years.
Commercial Industrial Service Rider (CISR):
This rate was designed to attract new, large power users to the state as part of a competitive site location project.
Sales and Use Tax Exemptions
The State of Florida has numerous sales tax exemptions for businesses in different industries for different uses:
- Electricity and Steam
- Machinery and Equipment
- Semiconductor, Defense and Space Technology
- Space Industry
For more information contact the Florida Department of Revenue at 850-488-6387 or visit the Florida Department of Revenue's website.
Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE)
PACE is a long-term, fixed-rate source of financing that allows property owners to do energy conservation and hurricane hardening improvements to their property. Property owners can use PACE financing to cover 100% of the costs involved in installing eligible projects, including all related equipment, materials, and labor. Eligible improvements include energy efficiency, water conservation, renewable energy generation, and resiliency upgrades. A few examples include air conditioners, roofs, windows/doors, water heaters, solar panels, pool heaters, hurricane shutters, and generators.
C-PACE financing is provided through private capital, which is repaid through a voluntary non-ad Valorem assessment on the property owner’s annual tax bill. To learn more about this program, please visit: https://floridapace.gov/.
- CareerSource Broward - provides numerous services to employers and job-seekers.
- Florida Division of Workers' Compensation -information on rights and responsibilities for employees' workers' compensation. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>