Deerfield Beach Pioneer Day Picnic
Join us for our Socially Distant Pioneer Days Picnic as we take Pioneer Days back to its roots at Pioneer Park, 217 NE 5 Ave on Saturday, February 13, 2021, from 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Festivities will be split up into three (3), three (3) hour sessions that will include live music, food trucks, live painting and much more. Entry will be available ONLY to those who register for the free event. Registration is now available; spots are limited.
Due to the growing health concerns associated to COVID-19, the annual Pioneer Days parade, carnival and firework show has been canceled. The City of Deerfield Beach Parks & Recreation Department is constantly monitoring the current COVID-19 situation and will be following the recommended CDC & Broward County Guidelines.
|When:||Saturday, February 13th|
|Where:||Pioneer Park, 217 NE 5th Ave|
|Time:||11:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Fee:||FREE; must register for spot in advance|
|Registration available on Monday, January 25th:||HERE|
Food Truck applications are available, please call 954-480-4429 if interested.
- Sweet Lipz
- Bobby's Event Concessions
- Kona Ice
- Mama's Taste of the World
- Burger Town
- 681 Seafoos & Southern Bites
- The City to Entertainment to host three (3) three hour picnic sessions from 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM at Pioneer Park on our baseball field.
- Advance pre-registration for this portion of the event is mandatory. Staff will not be registering Guests the day of our event.
- Shows will be available for residents and non-residents beginning on Monday, January 25th. The event is free for all Guests.
- All registered Guests will have to sign a waiver for all persons attending prior to arriving on event day.
- Cooler are prohibited.
- All participants must park at Pioneer Park, City Hall and the Tennis Center.
- All spectators should arrive 15 – 20 minutes prior to their show time to check in with authorized staff at their designated time to have their temperature checked and to receive their viewing space number.
- Staff members will also ask the participants the COVID-19 screening questions. Anyone that has a temperature of 100.4° or fails the screening questions will be denied entry. Once cleared the Guests will be given access to our event.
- Guests will be required to use proper PPE, including wearing face coverings while at the event.
- Guests must be within their picnic square in order to eat or drink at our event. Face masks must be worn at all times if the Guests are not eating or drinking.
- Hand sanitizers to be given to all Guests at check-in and dispensers will be placed throughout the event.
- All participants at event must make every effort to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Guests must avoid handshaking and fist bumps.
- No re-entry.
KIDS ZONE ART CLASS
Our instructor for the art class is Gabriela Gamperl, she is an art curator for the Deerfield Beach Cultural Center. Helping local artists to set up their exhibition and promoting the shows. Gabriela Gamperl was born and raised in Switzerland. After her education as an administration assistant, she came to the USA. Settling down in Broward County around 1994. She created art early on in life and was always very interested in art history. 1996 to 1998 she studied drawing and sketching at Crystal Lake Community School. Since over 20 years she’s been volunteering at the schools in Coconut Creek and Deerfield Beach. 2010 she joined the Deerfield Beach Cultural Committee and is in charge of the Kids Art corner at their annual Festival of the Arts. Since 2015 she is coordinating the Meet the Master art appreciation program for Deerfield Beach Elementary schools, and also volunteering to present this program at the schools. With this program in mind Gabriela Gamperl is also a co created of the art program offered at the Deerfield Beach Cultural Center for middle school children called “Love4Arts”. That program is an interactive art class talking about famous artist combined with famous composers. 2020 Gabriela Gamperl passed the international certification for an Art4healing facilitator, to help her community heal through art. Also she is the program co creator of the inter generational art class offered at the Deerfield Beach Cultural Center.
|11:30 AM - 12:00 PM||Art Class #1|
|12:20 PM - 12:50 PM||Art Class #2|
|1:10 PM - 1:40 PM||Art Class #3|
|3:00 PM - 3:30 PM||Art Class #4|
|3:50 PM - 4:20 PM||Art Class #5|
|4:40 PM - 5:10 PM||Art Class #6|
|6:30 PM - 7:00 PM||Art Class #7|
|7:20 PM - 7:50 PM||Art Class #8|
|8:10 PM - 8:40 PM||Art Class #9|
|Saturday, February 13th||Time|
|Group 1||11:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
|Group 2||2:30 PM - 5:30 PM - Sold out|
|Group 3||6:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Sold out|
|Saturday, February 13th||Time||Websites|
|Kong the DJ||11:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Soundcloud|
|Wildfire||12:00 PM - 2:00 PM||Website|
|Kong the DJ||2:00 PM - 3:30 PM|
|Joey Gilmore||3:30 PM - 5:30 PM||Website|
|Kong the DJ||5:30 PM - 7:00 PM|
|Jay Valor||7:00 PM - 9:00 PM||Website|