The City of Deerfield Beach is the sole provider of curbside garbage and recycling services for residences within the City. Services include garbage and recycling cart pick-up, bulk trash pick-up, and roll-off services.
Garbage & Recycling Carts
Household garbage is collected twice per week. Click here to view the map of Solid Waste and Recycling service days.
- Place the cart curbside before 7:00 am on your collection day.
- All garbage must be in plastic bags placed in the City issued cart; do not put recycling in plastic bags. These are not recyclable.
- Sharp objects must be separately wrapped and placed in small bag before being placed in garbage cart for safety.
- Place the cart on the edge of curb with the metal bar on the front facing the street.
- Place at least 5 feet away from trees, mailboxes, utility poles, other carts, or any other obstacle.
- Do not place under wires or tree branches.
- Carts that are inaccessible with the automated arm will not be collected.
- Drivers cannot pick up extra garbage bags that on placed on the ground next to garbage carts.
- Garbage, bulk trash, and recyclables are picked up every holiday except Christmas Day. These will be collected either the day before or day after. Check local paper or call (954) 480-4391 for information on your collection day.
About your carts:
- The brown cart is for garbage and the blue cart is for recycling.
- Carts are property of the City of Deerfield Beach, and are assigned to each physical address.
- Periodically rinse with soap and water.
- Do NOT spray paint or mark the cart.
- Keep lids closed to prevent exposure from weather and to limit the spreading of debris in neighborhoods on windy days.
- Carts need to be left at that property should you move.
- Should you need an additional cart, they are available for an added charge of $14 per month.
- All carts contain a special radio frequency ID tag (RFID) that identifies the home’s address. Each time a cart is serviced, it is scanned, and the data collected is used to help maintain efficiency.
Bulk Trash Collection
Bulk trash is collected once a week. Click here to view the map of bulk trash service days.
Bulk wastes that will not fit in your garbage cart may include:
- Large packaging materials, etc.
- Tree limbs/palm fronds/stumps
Please follow these guidelines to ensure proper service:
- Items must be placed in the swale before 7:00 am on your collection day, and not more than 24 hours in advance.
- Leave large yard waste in a loose pile; only bag grass clippings
- Bulk pile must be place 7 feet away from garbage and recycling carts, and away from mail boxes, low wires, fire hydrants, etc.
- Bulk pile cannot exceed 7 cubic yards (8 ft x 5 ft x 3 ft); residents will be charged $15 per cubic yard that exceeds 7 cubic yards.
- Private landscapers must dispose of all debris generated by their work. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to ensure that the private landscaper removes their debris. Homeowners will be charged for any debris left by a landscaper.
- All construction debris (carpet, tile, drywall, concrete) and wood products warrant a $15 per cubic yard charge.