Safety & Rules Update
Our rules are for your protection and safety
- Stay within 50 yards of shoreline.
- Swim in lifeguard supervised area.
- Obey lifeguard instructions.
- No vehicles.
- No animals allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Surfing and skimboarding are only permitted on the north side of the International Pier and south of Tower #7.
- All surfboards and bodyboards must be used with a leash to prevent injury to others.
- Ballgames, frisbees, paddleballs are only permitted in the designated recreational areas.
- Do not feed wildlife including birds.
- No littering.
- Do not leave behind your cigarette filters.
- Glass containers are strictly prohibited.
- No standing on the rocks.
- Jet skis, windsurfing, kiteboarding, launching of boats and kayaks and scuba diving are prohibited from all areas of the public beach unless specifically authorized by the City Commission.
- No swimming in surfing area.
- Snorkeling is permitted within 50 yards of shoreline.
- Landscape materials are meant to beautify the beach and protect its environmental integrity. Please do not affix any items (beach chairs, bicycles, hammocks) to plants or trees along our beach.
For more detailed information please refer to the City of Deerfield Beach Code of Ordinance.